By TON Research Section
Recently, in Indian illegally occupied Jammu and Kashmir, the All Parties Hurriyat Conference leadership has expressed abysmal concern over the Indian policy of colonialism calling it shameless violations of the United Nations Security Council resolutions, which visibly describe Jammu and Kashmir as a disputed land. According to Kashmir Media Service, the APHC General Secretary, in a statement issued in Srinagar, termed the issuance of the domicile certificates to the non-state subject spouses as a brazen plot of implementation of the new set of laws to change the demography of the disputed territory.
He said that India as an aggressor has traversed all limits of illegitimate domination which had never been accepted by the freedom-loving people of Kashmir.The APHC leader pressed the United Nations Secretary General, to take serious acquaintance of the Indian state terrorism and its propelling designs in the disputed territory. On the other hand, he further said that the Indian media report claims of killing 36 persons killed in the month of June and July in Kashmir by Indian troops is a pack of lies, instead the troops martyred 42 Kashmiris and wants to hood wink the international community by hiding the actual figures of their brutal killings. In the meantime, Indian troops have launched a cordon and search operation in Akhnoor area of Jammu.
In Indian illegally occupied Jammu and Kashmir, the All Parties Hurriyat Conference has warned that the current Indian fascist regime has chalk out a long-term policy to kill the Kashmiri people one by one to change the demography structure of the disputed territory. The APHC Working Vice Chairman, in a statement in Srinagar strongly condemned the relentless cordon and search operations and said that the Indian occupational forces did not spare Kashmiris even during the sacred days of Eid-ul-Azha.
He paid rich tributes to the last week's martyrs and deplored that India is using its military power in an uncivilized way to quash the Kashmiris. He added that New Delhi had absolutely unsuccessful in its despicable designs in Indian occupied Kashmir. The APHC leader said the horrible situation created by the presence of one million Indian occupational forces requires immediate intervention by the UN chief, to stop the genocide of innocent Kashmiris in the territory and arrange a free and fair plebiscite to resolve the Kashmir dispute according to their true wishes and aspirations of the people of Kashmir.
While director General of Police of Jammu and Kashmir said the efforts of the police force to combat militancy in Jammu and Kashmir have carried out a large number of operations and 83 terrorists have been killed during the operations this year. Moreover, massive cordon and search operations continued in Bandipore district and Indian troops had further martyred three youths in the area on last Saturday. In Indian Illegally Occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IIOJ&K), by the call of All Parties Hurriyat Conference (APHC) complete shutdown was observed on the visit of Indian President to the territory, on Tuesday.
The APHC Spokesman in a statement said that the visit was tantamount to add injury to insult and rub salt on the bleeding wounds of Kashmiris, who are under the worst kind of military siege, especially since 5th August 2019. He said ruthless genocide, custodial killings, random imprisonments, indescribable carnages, loot, plunder; wrecking residential houses and recurrent cordon and search operations with impunity have become a persistent policy of Indian government in the territory. He said in this gruesome situation, any visit of an Indian dignitary meant to support the reign of terror of its forces to tighten inhumane military siege and inflict bloodshed and havoc on the freedom-loving people.
The APHC spokesman said that the Indian president as head of Indian armed forces, involved in massacring Kashmiri youth with impunity, was on a military mission to mingle with the forces’ personnel and devise the strategy on how to intensify killings and brutalities in the territory. Keeping in view the above-mentioned facts, it is the prime responsibility of the United Nations Council for Human Rights and other global human rights organizations to prevent India from committing genocide of Kashmiris and play their active role in resolving the Kashmir dispute in accordance with the UN Security Council resolutions.
RIYADH, 29 July 2021, (TON): The Arab coalition said on Wednesday that Saudi air defenses intercepted a drone launched by Yemen’s Houthi militia toward Saudi Arabia.
The coalition said the Iran-backed Houthis continue attempts to deliberately target civilians and civilian objects in the Kingdom.
The coalition said it intercepted and destroyed four ballistic missiles and two explosive-laded drones launched by the Houthi militia toward the Kingdom’s southern Jazan region.
NEW DELHI, 29 July 2021, (TON): The top diplomats of India and the United States pledged on Wednesday to expand their multilateral security partnership, underscoring the deepening of ties between the two countries concerned over China’s growing influence in the region.
US Secretary of State Antony Blinken and Indian Foreign Minister Subrahmanyam Jaishankar met in New Delhi and sought to strengthen a regional front against Beijing’s assertiveness in the Indo-Pacific and their cooperation in Afghanistan.
They also lauded each country’s help in fighting the coronavirus and said their vaccine partnership is an effort to end the pandemic.
Blinken said at a joint news conference “there are few relationships in the world that are more vital than [the] one between the US and India. We are the world’s two leading democracies and our diversity fuels our national strength.”
Washington has made no secret of the US desire for India’s help in isolating China. The two countries have steadily ramped up their military relationship and signed a string of defence deals.
NEW YORK, 29 July 2021, (TON): The Security Council faced criticism from both the Israeli and Palestinian envoys to the UN.
Israel’s ambassador to the US and the UN, Gilad Erdan, slammed council members for spending time discussing the situation in East Jerusalem. Instead, he said, Iran and the crises it is provoking in the region, in places such as Lebanon, Syria, Yemen and Iraq, should be the focus of attention, along with the activities of Hamas.
He said “hamas and Iran are fighting to keep the Middle East stuck in Middle Ages darkness.”
He was speaking during a meeting of the Security Council to discuss the humanitarian response and reconstruction efforts following the war in Gaza in May, the continuing evictions of Palestinian families and demolitions of their homes in East Jerusalem, and the violent response by Palestinian security forces to protests against corruption and the death last month of political activist Nizar Banat during his arrest by Palestinian security forces.
“Shouldn’t the crisis in Lebanon be discussed today?” Erdan asked the 15-member council.
He accused the UN of bias against Israel, and criticized the council for inviting Yudith Oppenheimer to give a briefing. She is the executive director of Ir Amim, an Israeli non-governmental organization (NGO) that campaigns to make Jerusalem a safe and inclusive city for all its residents.
Vermont-based brand Ben and Jerry’s, which is owned by Unilever, announced last week that it will no longer sell its products in the Occupied Palestinian Territories, saying that to do so would be “inconsistent with our values.”
Erdan said that last year’s Abraham Accords, the agreements by the UAE and Bahrain to normalize relations with Israel, prove that peace is only possible when parties come together to build a better future for their children, “not through boycotts or by the Security Council interfering.” The accords might have been possible only because the council did not interfere, he added.
The Security Council also came in for criticism from Riad Mansour, Palestine’s permanent observer to the UN, over what he called “its limitations in times of aggression and war.” Such failures mean the council has “an even greater duty to actively pursue peace,” he added.
DAMASCUS, 29 July 2021, (TON): The United States is taking action to promote accountability for entities and individuals that have perpetuated the suffering of the Syrian people.
The United States is sanctioning eight Syrian prisons, five Assad regime officials in the institutions that run those facilities, two militia groups, and two militia leaders. These actions underscore the U.S. commitment to promote respect for human rights and accountability for abuse against Syrians.
Many of the prisons designated today were highlighted in the pictures provided by Caesar, a Syrian regime defector who worked as an official photographer for the Syrian military and exposed the regime’s ruthless and cruel treatment of detainees.
Today’s action furthers the goals of the Act named after him, the Caesar Syria Civilian Protection Act of 2019, which seeks to promote accountability for the Assad regime’s abuses.
The Assad regime has detained and abused a vast number of Syrians since the start of the conflict, as has been well documented by the UN Commission of Inquiry (COI) and human rights groups. More than 14,000 detainees have reportedly died after being tortured at the hands of the Assad regime, according to the Syrian Network for Human Rights, while 130,000 Syrians are reportedly still missing or detained.
The United States is imposing sanctions on Saydnaya Military Prison pursuant to Executive Order (E.O.) 13894 for having engaged in the commission of serious human rights abuse, including torture or other cruel, inhuman, or degrading treatment or punishment and extrajudicial executions, since the start of the Syrian crisis.
The United States is also designating seven additional prisons operated by the Syrian General Intelligence Directorate and Syrian Military Intelligence for being owned or controlled by entities blocked pursuant to E.O. 13572, and five regime officials in charge of Syrian prisons.
ISLAMABAD, 29 July 2021, (TON): Foreign Office Spokesperson Zahid Hafeez Chaudhri said in a tweet “Deputy Prime Minister of Bahrain Shaikh Muhammad bin Mubarak Al Khalifa on Wednesday met Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi, who is on a two-day official visit to the kingdom.”
He said that the two sides discussed bilateral relations, and regional and international issues of mutual interest, adding that FM Qureshi underlined the importance Pakistan attaches to its fraternal ties with Bahrain.
The foreign minister highlighted that Joint Ministerial Commission (JMC) is an important forum for collaboration between the two countries in a number of fields.
Taking to his official Twitter handle, FM Qureshi said that both sides agreed to work in close collaboration on areas of mutual interest. "Shared Pakistan’s focus on geo-economics, connectivity and as a partner for peace and development."
During his visit, FM Qureshi also met with Bahraini counterpart Dr Abdullatif bin Rashid Al Zayani ahead of the Joint Ministerial Conference.
He said "we share a similar outlook in our desire to further expand our bilateral engagements with a particular focus on trade, investment, energy and culture."
Earlier today, FM Qureshi arrived in Bahrain’s capital Manama on a two-day official visit.
RABAT, 29 July 2021, (TON): Moroccan authorities have arrested a Uyghur activist in exile based on a Chinese warrant distributed by Interpol, according to information from Moroccan police and Safeguard Defenders, a rights group that tracks people detained by China.
Activists fear Yidiresi Aishan will be extradited to China, and say the arrest is politically driven and part of a broader Chinese campaign to hunt down perceived dissidents outside its borders.
Morocco’s General Directorate for National Security said that a Chinese citizen was arrested after landing at Mohammed V International Airport in Casablanca on July 20, upon arrival from Istanbul.
He was the subject of a red notice issued by Interpol due to his suspected belonging to an organization on the lists of terrorist organizations.
The red notice, the equivalent of being put on Interpol’s most-wanted list - was issued at the request of China, which is seeking his extradition, the directorate said. It added Moroccan authorities notified Interpol and the Chinese authorities about the arrest, and the Chinese citizen was referred to prosecutors pending the extradition procedure.
Moroccan police didn't publicly name the arrested man, but nongovernmental organization Safeguard Defenders identified him as Aishan. The group specializes in cases of people detained by China.
ISLAMABAD, 29 July 2021, (TON): Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said in a statement that Pakistan has returned five more Afghan soldiers who were given safe passage by the Pakistan Army after losing control of a military post on the Pak-Afghan border.
The military's media wing said that the soldiers were handed over to Afghan authorities at Nawa Pass in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa's Bajaur district after the due procedure at 17:45 Pakistan Standard Time (PST) on Wednesday.
The official communiqué read "These Afghan soldiers were given safe passage into Pakistan, on their own request, by the Pakistan Army in Arundu Sector of Pak-Afghan International Border, Chitral, on 26th July."
After necessary clearance, the ISPR said, the Afghan soldiers crossed into Pakistan. The soldiers have now been returned to Afghan authorities on their request.
According to the ISPR “the Afghan National Army (ANA) soldiers and Border Police were given safe passage into Pakistan by the army on July 25.”
KABUL, 29 July 2021, (TON): A police official said that Taliban attacks in Nijrab district in the central province of Kapisa were pushed back by security forces and members of the public uprising forces early morning.
Kapisa police spokesman Shayiq Shorish said “the attacks happened in Dara-e-Farokh Shah and Dara-e-Kalan areas in Nijrab district.”
He said “the clashes started shortly after midnight and continued until 4 am. Shorish said that six people, including two civilians and four members of the public uprising forces, were killed in the clashes.”
This comes as former Kapisa governor Mehrabuddin Safi said that weak coordination among public uprising forces led to the fall of many key areas to the Taliban in the province, including Nijrab district.
Safi said that the presence of a large number of Taliban fighters also led to the fall of the Kapisa districts. Security forces left key parts of the Nijrab district two weeks ago, while the Tagab and Ala Sai districts in the province fell to the group earlier in the month.
ANKARA, 29 July 2021, (TON): A December 2020 deal between Turkey and Ukraine for the sale of an unknown batch of Turkish-built corvettes has turned out to involve two vessels.
Ukraine’s consul general in Istanbul, Alexander Haman, said on a Turkish television show that the deal covered two Ada-class corvettes to be co-produced by Turkey’s state-controlled defense technologies company STM and a Ukrainian shipyard.
Under the deal, the first vessel will be delivered to Ukraine by the end of 2023 unfinished, to then be completed in Ukraine.
The Ukrainian Navy plans to deploy the corvettes in both the Black Sea and the Sea of Azov.
A Turkish procurement source said the contract’s value is about €200 million (U.S. $236 million), though that could change depending on workshare agreements and ship configurations.
The Ada-class corvette can perform location, classification, identification and destruction of air, surface and underwater targets as well as provide naval gunfire support. It can also perform maritime surveillance, patrol missions, and coastal and infrastructure protection.
The 99.44-meter vessel has a maximum speed of 29 knots. It can carry two S70 Seahawk helicopters. Its sensors and weapons include 3D radar. It will also be equipped with electro-optical sensors, an electronic support system, a laser warning system, a torpedo detection/countermeasure capability, hull-mounted sonar, and two 12.7mm guns with an electro-optical capability.